Can’t get a response from a foreign insurance company?
Discover how to give your CV and Cover Letter an edge over the competition
Are you looking for a job in the insurance industry abroad?
Perhaps you’re thinking about moving over to South America where the insurance industry is growing phenomenally, or thinking about joining one of the huge European reinsurers, or perhaps you’re looking to get into the London market or move to New York. Wherever you are intending to go you’re going to want to give yourself the best chance of getting there.
As if getting there isn’t hard enough at the moment with governments clamping down on their immigration policies. Even without that, their language isn’t your mother tongue and you might not have spoken their language in a few years, let alone practice your written skills. But you’re confident you have what it takes to work abroad and know if only someone will give you an interview you will smash it.
Have you already gone down the route of applying and haven’t heard back?
Or, have you utilised your network and sent your CV and covering letter off to everyone that could help you find your job abroad, but all you get is polite declinatures in return?
You’d be surprised how many people this happens to and as a result they end up staying in their home country and not heading overseas.
Ok, so your written language isn’t great, but that shouldn’t stop you getting the job; you know if you could just get that telephone interview you can impress them and get yourself through to a face to face. Once there you know you have what it takes to beat the competition, however the interview offers just aren’t coming through the door.
“The translation service from The Insurance Game isn’t just a translation service. I sent them my Spanish CV and in return they sent me the English translation and their marked up version. The marked up version made my experience look so much more insurance orientated.” Cristina ~ Spanish insurance intern looking to work in Lloyds of London.
To date, a lot of people have been in the position you’re in now and as a result we have created a solution. The Insurance Game have partnered up with a professional translation service to solve this problem. Together we translate your CV or covering letter, considering both your written style and tone, and review it to ensure it’s tailored most effectively for an insurance audience.
Here’s how our service can help you.
Our tailored service is designed to solve your problems. The service includes:
- Professional translation from or to English – a professional translator with 3 years translation experience, who is fluent in English and is a native speaker of the 2nd language will translate your CV or covering letter from or to any language.
- In house review of CV or covering letter – at the point where your document is in English, it will be reviewed by an insurance insider to ensure your CV or covering letter is suitable for the specific job you are applying for. We will mark it up, making amendments to ensure your document is tailored for the insurance industry. We will pull out the common mistakes and refresh your document to give it the edge it needs to land you the interview.
- 48 hour turnaround – we will get your translated and reviewed CV or Cover Letter back to you with 2 days. You then approve the final mark ups before we send you the final copy.
How does the process work?
- After you sign up, you will receive an email with instructions on what to do next. There will be a few questions you need to fill out and you will need to send us your up-to-date CV or Cover Letter.
- If being translated into English, we will strip your personal details off the CV and send it to our partner translator for translation.
- We receive it back within 24 hours, professionally translated by someone with 3 years translation experience and who is a native speaker in your language of choice.
- We will then review your CV / Cover Letter and make small changes to ‘insurify’ your document. We will also send you comments on how your CV / Cover Letter can be improved.
- You then get to work and make changes to your document before sending it back to us.
- We will then make minor tweaks and send you the final version.
- If being translated into another language, this process will be reversed.
Please bear in mind, this is not the full CV / Cover Letter service and we only give you pointers and change minor aspects of the CV or Cover Letter. We will leave the formatting unchanged and we will not give you detailed, line by line feedback.
How much does this service cost?
For either a CV or a Cover Letter, the translation service with the insurance insider review is $165.
If you would like to get both your CV and your Cover Letter translated at the same time, you’ll receive a 15% discount, making the price $280.
It’s true, that is a substantial investment to make, however by investing this amount now, you will be giving yourself the best chance of having that overseas experience and landing the insurance job you’ve been wanting for so long.
You should also consider the compound value of your time overseas. Companies love people with overseas experience and having that on your CV makes you more attractive to a company in the long run. They will be willing to pay you more as a direct result of your overseas work experience.
If you are serious about a career in insurance and about working abroad, this service is for you. It is expensive because the service offers quality and we know this service will help get you to the position you want to be in.
“This service is worth far more! Thank you guys for the help – I didn’t even know where I was going wrong until you showed me.” Mike ~ American marine underwriter looking to work in Brazil
We are so sure in our service that we offer a 100% satisfaction guarantee. If you are not satisfied with our service, we will work with you until you are entirely happy. We’re happy when you’re happy. And if you still aren’t happy, we offer a 30 day money-back guarantee.
Make your dream of a foreign adventure come true.
With two great services bundled into one, and our satisfaction guarantee, you can’t go wrong. Invest in your future today and we’ll help you achieve your goals.
If you have any questions about this service, contact us and we will address any concerns you have.